Technology has now made it possible to access the email from the computer as well as from smart devices like phone, tablet or laptop. You can use the email on both the devices at the same time. If you are facing any password issue on your Android device, then go through the steps and fix the problem instantly.
Accessing SBCGlobal email from the Android device is as easy as its setup. But can you imagine the weird situation when you try to access the email and find the ‘Password error’ message on the screen? This will definitely annoy you for a moment or till the time you don’t get a solution. Otherwise, if you have a concrete solution to this problem, you can easily solve it within seconds. For your information, we want to mention here that the password problem generally appears if there is any update available or you are entering a wrong password again and again in the field.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to fix SBCGlobal email password problem on android device. If you are among those who are facing the problem, then read the suggestions and implement on your device. You will be able to get back to emailing experience.
We are going to discuss 5 steps through which you can fix the password problem. Read all the steps carefully and follow according to your preference.
Step 1: Verify recent activity on the device: To check recent activities on your email account, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Recent activity’. Check if there is any unusual activity reported or not.
- Go to ‘Security settings’ from SBCGlobal login window.
- Tap ‘Recent activity’.
- Open ‘Devices and activity’ section of the account.
- If there is any extra or unusual activity reported, click to verify or authenticate it.
Step 2: Incorrect mail password: If the password entered is incorrect or you have entered the wrong password more than a number of times allowed, then click to ‘Reset’ or ‘Generate’ new password for SBCGlobal login.
Step 3: Sign out of the account from PC
- If you had signed in from computer earlier, then sign out from it and click to log out from all devices. Try accessing the email from single device i: e from android only. This will limit the code verification mismatch problem.
- It is recommended to sign-out of the computer before trying to log in from the android device. Launch email app on android device and enter the details you use to enter on computer.
Step 4: Disable 2-step verification: Follow the steps mentioned below to disable 2-step verification:
- Login to the account.
- Go to ‘Top right corner’ of the screen.
- Click on ‘Username’.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ followed by ‘Drop-down’ menu from the side corner.
- Click to disable ‘2-step verification’.
Step 5: Generate password
- Login to SBCGlobal email account from a web browser.
- Authenticate and validate account details through ‘Captcha’.
- Generate a new password of your choice. Try signing into account with the new password and existing username.
This is how you can troubleshoot email password error on your Android device.