For those who are using Mac computer with Mac OS Lion, they can easily configure SBCglobal email on the email app that comes pre-installed on Mac computers. In case, there is some issue with the email configuration process, then they can take help of SBCglobal email support.
When it comes to setting up an email, it can either be done within minutes or it takes forever to set it up. The second situation arises when there is a problem or multiple problems in email. There is one instance we would like to share with you when we were setting up SBCglobal email on Mac OS Lion, we thought we had everything in control, but one wrong setting and the email couldn’t be setup. Fortunately, we were able to identify the problem and fix it instantly. Therefore, today the discussion will be around setting up SBCglobal email on Mac OS Lion, which is one of the most exciting operating systems developed by Apple in recent times.
Apple Mac computers come with a pre-installed email app, which users can use by configuring their email accounts to it. The benefit of having an email app is that all the emails are available in one place. You don’t have to hop from one email platform to another in order to find the right emails. A vast majority of people have configured their SBCglobal email with the email app that comes pre-installed on Mac computers. Some of those people are experiencing issues at the time of accessing their email accounts, especially on Macs that operate on Mac OS Lion. If you too are dealing with the issue, then check below for the troubleshooting of the same.
How to troubleshoot the problem of SBCGlobal email not working in Mac OS Lion:
- Start with removing the current email setup from the email app.
- Go to ‘Settings’ of the email app.
- Now, you will see an option by the name of ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’, so tap this option and then, select ‘Accounts’ option.
- A list of account types will appear now, so select the option named ‘Add Account’ from the list.
- Click ‘Other’ option, which opens a new account form. Then, select ‘Add Mail Account’ option.
- In the ‘Email’ field, enter your SBCglobal email and its password in the designated fields.
- You will see a box for adding a description as well where you will have to write a small note about the email whether it is a personal email or business one. This is an optional field, so you can decide whether to fill it or not.
- Tap ‘Next’ and you will select the ‘POP’ option at the top of the page.
- There are a few blank boxes, where you will have to enter details such as hostname, where you will be entering ‘inbound.att.net’. In the ‘Username’ field, enter ‘YOUR email address’ whereas in ‘Password’ field, enter your SBCglobal email’s password.
- Click ‘Next’ and as you do so, you will be directed to outgoing email server form.
- Add values in ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ fields, which are given in ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ form. In ‘Username’, enter your SBCglobal email address whereas in the ‘Password’ field, enter password for your SBCglobal email. In ‘Domain Name’ field, enter ‘outbound.att.net.’
- Click ‘Save’ to save your settings.
In case, you find any issue while performing these steps, you can consult SBCglobal Email Support.