Mail issues are prevalent on Windows 10 OS and the reasons are uncertain or yet not clear. Some users are facing problem in using the email due to outdated settings error displaying on their email app screen. We are here to help them out. By implementing certain tricks and tips, you can diagnose and troubleshoot the email problem on windows 10 OS.
Have you updated the email app recently? If yes, then you have done the right thing from your part, but the thing is that some users are facing problem after updating the app. Not only you, but more than 40% of email users are encountering the same problem. You will even find the following message on the screen, ‘Email settings are outdated’ or ‘Email not connecting’. When you click on ‘Fix’ option, you will find ‘Dark screen’ in front of your computer screen.
Though some users have tried their best to resolve the problem but didn’t get to the results. The errors like ‘Outdated email settings’ are hard to fix from the user end. These can be fixed under expert advice or guidance. The steps to fix the problem are discussed here as under:
The very first thing you have to do is ‘Check out the folder from your computer in which you are getting problem’. You can directly search for the folder through ‘Localappdata’ folder. Click ‘Delete’ to remove the files. We recommend you to save data before performing the delete function. Once the data gets deleted, you won’t be able to retrieve through any process. You can’t even retrieve it from another device that is synced with the account.
How to fix the problem?
- From the ‘Start’ menu go to ‘Powershell’ prompt window. Run this program under ‘Admin’.
- Uninstall mail and calendar app you have updated recently on the computer. Launch App package from the run window option and enter the name of the property. All the updated files will be displayed on the screen. Click ‘Remove’ from the options.
- Restart your PC after removing the app.
- Now, open drive in your computer from where you have deleted the files. If you want to open the direct folder, go to ‘Command window’ and enter ‘Home/app data/local/comm.
- Now from windows app store search for the app you have deleted. You can directly search for ‘SBCGlobal’ in the search menu. You can even search through 3rd party online sources.
After completing the steps, open SBCGlobal email app again and check if it has started working or not. If the problem still exists, then it means you have left some steps. You can ask experts or perform the steps carefully.