For SBCGlobal email users who have changed the password of their email account via computer or tablet, they should know how to update the password on their smartphone because it might not have updated on its own. Follow the steps to get it done.
Changing the password of your email account occasionally is considered a good habit because it helps keep hackers thinking. If you keep the same password for too long and also access your email account on public computers, then there are chances of your email account being hacked. A password can be updated on any device you use your email on. However, at times people have experienced that when they change the password to their email account on computer or tablet, the same doesn’t reflect on the smartphone. If you are dealing with the same problem, then we are going to address it in today’s discussion, so keep reading this till the end.
When you change your email account’s password, it should automatically be changed on all your devices, but sometimes, it doesn’t happen, as the password of the email account that is changed on either computer or tablet needs to be updated on the smartphone. The email that we have taken for this step is SBCGlobal email, so if you are using this particular email, then the following information will be beneficial for you. If you access your email from the email app of your smartphone, then you need to update your password in the app as well. In order to do so, follow below-mentioned steps:
- First, you need to ensure that the email account that you’ve configured on the email app of your smartphone is the same as that you have changed the password for on your computer or tablet.
- As we all know that SBCGlobal Email is managed and controlled by AT&T, so you will see different extensions. You need to make sure that the SBCGlobal email you’re using on your smartphone has the same extension as that of the email used on computer or tablet.
If you have confirmed the same, then you need to go to ‘How-To-Center’ menu followed by selecting the device, which you have configured your SBCGlobal email on.
- You will come across an option named ‘Device Instructions’, so select this option followed by clicking ‘Messaging and email’ option. After that, you need to select ‘Email’ option.
- Select ‘Email options’ to determine the steps required for accessing the email account settings.
- After you enter SBCGlobal email settings on your smartphone, you will have to select your ‘SBCGlobal email account’.
- You can now update your SBCGlobal email’s password.
- Enter the password for your email account followed by clicking ‘Save’ and with that, your new password will be updated.
If you come across any issue while updating the password of your email account, then you can take help of SBCGlobal email support, which is the most reliable solution provider for all the issues befalling SBCGlobal email.