If you are using SBCGlobal email, then you will be relieved to know that the company has joined hands with reliable antivirus companies to protect users’ email accounts against spam emails. However, you should also take care of your email account by following the tips mentioned on SBCGlobal Email support.
Spam emails are basically emails that are meant to mislead you, steal your data and harm you in multiple ways, so it is better to stay as far away as possible from such emails. Spam emails with links to phishing websites are not new, as people with criminal mindset have been sending such emails for a very long time. It is users, who have to act smart and refrain from accessing such emails. If you are using SBCglobal email, then you’ll find comprehensive protection against spam emails, plus the company has joined hands with reputed antivirus companies as well to ensure that every email reaching its servers are scrutinized so that no spam email can go past their checks.
However, it is not a smart move to just stay dependant on the antivirus because those who are creating and sending such emails are quite smart and will definitely find a way to make their emails reach the target users. If you’re using SBCglobal email and looking to protect your email account from viruses, spyware, adware and other malicious elements that are latched onto the emails, then do the following:
- Even if the SBCglobal email features a reliable antivirus program, you should install an antivirus program on your computer. Make sure that the antivirus you install is apt in scanning documents that come as email attachments. Moreover, you should update your antivirus program to stay protected against new viruses.
- Next, you need to check senders’ email addresses. If you are receiving emails from senders who you haven’t received any email prior to the one you received, then beware of such emails, as those can contain harmful files, which could harm you in more than one way. It is not always the case, but all I’m saying is that you should be agile and conscious because any casual approach could be devastating.
- Check subject lines of emails, and if there is something fishy written on it, then either avoid opening such emails, or make sure not to click any link that is given in the email.
- Avoid clicking on links and images given in the emails until you know where they will take you. You can just hover your mouse on the link or image to see as to which website link appears at the bottom of the link. If it is a genuine website, which you are familiar with, only then, open the link.
- In case, the email features an attachment, then wait until the antivirus scans the website. If there wasn’t any automatic scan, then you will have to do it manually.
- If you have received an email from someone whom you haven’t received emails in quite a while, then you should be cautious while accessing his/her email because it could very well be a trap, especially when you had a fight with that person the last time you were in contact.
These are a few tips that you need to keep in mind in order to stay protected against malicious emails that are sent in large quantities on a daily basis.